Breast Cancer Pink Bun Campaign.
My Daughter-in-law, Dipthi Holloway (Dipthi Samalia) is going to be featured in the Breast Cancer Pink Bun Campaign. This is a picture of her as part of the campaign. Dip is a Physiotherapist ( Otago) and Pharmacist (UQ). They have two adorable children. Dip has had Breast cancer and the full gamut of treatment. She has a steely determination and fighting spirit to overcome this set back. She has followed the treatment given by her specialists and has a very healthy lifestyle. We are all proud of her indomitable spirit and ability to remain cheerful through these difficult times.
From the BCNA website :
It’s the little things that can make a big difference to Australians affected by breast cancer. That’s why this May, Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) and Bakers Delight are asking you to buy a Pink Bun during the 2021 Pink Bun campaign.
For three weeks, from 6 May – 26 May, every Bakers Delight bakery across the country will turn pink with 100 per cent of sales from ALL Fun Buns donated to BCNA.
This year’s campaign will highlight the little things that can really make a big difference throughout someone’s breast cancer diagnosis and treatment, such as support with housework, spending quality time with family and friends, or receiving messages of support.
The Pink Bun campaign is a wonderful opportunity for you to be involved with both your community and your local Bakers Delight. Whether it’s hosting a Pink Bun Party, buying a Pink Fun Bun in bakery or making a donation by purchasing a virtual 6-Pack of Pink Buns online.
Every little bit counts!
How you can support the 2021 Pink Bun campaign
For those who prefer to show your support the traditional way:
- Buy a Pink Fun Bun or better yet a 6-Pack of Pink Buns (between Thursday 6 May and Wednesday 26 May).
- Purchase a pink lady silhouette for a gold coin donation and write a message of support.
- Make a donation in bakery via the donation tins on the counter, or simply ask Bakers Delight’s friendly staff to add a donation to your purchase at the register.
- Host a Pink Bun Party fundraiser with your workplace, school, social or community group (please check and adhere to COVID-19 restrictions in your location).
- Just pop into your local Bakers Delight bakery and say thank you to the staff for supporting BCNA.
Or show your support virtually:
- Buy a virtual 6-Pack of Pink Buns online and send a message of support.
- Make a donation via SMS by texting PINKBUN to 0400 662 662.
- Host a virtual Pink Bun Party.
- Send an email or post on social with the hashtag #PinkBunsForBCNA to say thank you to your local store and staff for supporting BCNA.
Over our 21-year partnership, Bakers Delight has raised an incredible $21 million for BCNA. Money raised this year will help BCNA continue to provide up-to-date, tailored information to the 20,825 Australians expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer this year.
To find your nearest Bakers Delight bakery, visit the Bakers Delight website.