More on Hospital dangers
On the 25th Sept I had a blog about “how to stop hospitals from killing us” I gave my own experience of the possible harm to my son, prevented by my prompt intervention in his treatment. Now we hear about the death of Lillian Lane, a patient of Redcliffe Hospital, who died from an overdose of painkillers given because she allegedly had 2 medication charts. This was allegedly missed by the staff and doctors. My point: Patients and relatives – be vigilant. Ask questions. Check everything. Mistakes happen – health workers do harm patients – none of us is perfect. Read my post again to remind yourself what can be done to avoid these accidents. Also read the blog I posted about making sure that any test you have actually get seen by the doctor concerned.